Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Binaural Beats, Ayahuasca and Sorcery

I only now have the presence of mind to relate to you all my latest experiment with ayahuasca. First let me start of by saying that I have a copy of a very interesting program call BrainWave sychronizer. With this software you can create special audio signals call binaural beats which are made by pumping sound of 2 differing frequencies in to each side of your headphones. The 2 sounds produce a harmonic wave that creates and audible beat. These beats create a phenomenon called brainwave entrainment. By utilizing these sounds one can literally program your mind to produce different brainwaves in the alpha, theta and even delta bandwith. I have used the software by itself for some time and I have always intended to try using it with either a psychedelic or during ritual. Well last night I decieded to do both.

I designed a 60 min audio program to entrain my brain to go from alph for 20 min. to theta for 20 min. finally finishing with 20 minutes of delta waves. I also recorded myself doing the ritual in its entirety from banishing, to invocation and final closing. I timed it so that the ritual would finish after 40 min. Allowing the last 20 min. to be left for activation of the ritual intent. I exported the program to an mp3 and loaded it on my pocket pc so I could listen to it with headphones and not have to be at my computer. I had started about 2 hours before this time by ingesting a 15 gram combination of Syrian Rue and Mimosa Hostilis. I was just starting to get some of the preliminary effects of the huasca when I donned my headphones and started the program. I then went into my room which I had prepared by dimming the lights and lighting some pleasent incense, and layed down on my bed. The combination of the brainwave entraining beats, my own voice doing the ritual and the ayahuasca gave me the most intense closed eyed visuals that I have ever had. I fully visualized myself doing the ritual as I was listening to it. I had a vision of myself dressed in cerimonial garb projecting energy and tracing flaming blue pentagrams in the air. I could feel the names of power vibrating in my body as I listened and visualized the ritual progress. During the invocational portion of the ritual I had the distinct feeling of being 'inhabited' by the entity that I was trying to invoke. I felt like I was filled up, that somehow my body had expanded to 10 times it's normal size! In the final 20 min. of the program I had a very detailed visionary experience that is a bit too personal for me to write about at this time but sifice it to say, I felt like I was being shown these things by this entity. I was told that this entity was working in conjunction with the ayahuasca to show me these things and that I should do more invocations if I wanted to strengthen my ablity to bring back knowledge from this state.

There is a lot more to the experience, but I still need time to process it. I will be writting more about it as I am able to intigrate more of the experience into my conscious memory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also use BrainWave Generator, and have thought about adding a vocal track as a background to a binaural beat file. While I don't plan on using entheogens until I'm older and more able to make wise decisions, I've been studying shamanism for some time now. It's good to see that I'm not the only one who incorporates this technology into rituals.

I've had particularly interesting results with a meditation technique called neuroinversion. The article by Gordon Hogenson can be found at http://www.erowid.org/culture/references/other/1997_hogenson_resproject_1.shtml if you're interested. I ended up in a trance state surprisingly strong, without any drugs. I wonder how much more effective it would be while using psychedelics.

I digress. Thanks for giving me a little encouragement and inspiration with the use of this software.

cloutiy said...

Hi, I was wondering where you got your program or where i can get a copy, or maybe a copy of your mp3?

I spent 2 months in peru apprenticing with a shaman with ayahuasca. But now i'm staying with the folks and am looking for non-plant ways to get into a shamanic space. Trying to get some reliable shamanic drumming mp3 or binaural beats.